Why buy Certainly Wood?
To receive updates and offers and enter our free prize draw to win a year's supply of kiln dried logs, sign up for our newsletter. We have two newsletters, one for our local customers and one for our customers a bit further out. Both do the same job in informing you about the newest offers, products and regulations, but you must be subscribed to the correct one. If unsure, you can call the office Monday-Friday 9-5.
Our website includes a scheme in which you can build loyalty points and use these to provide even more significant discounts on your future purchases. We want to reward our regular loyal customers – it's our way of saying 'thank you for trusting us and our product. Find out more about our loyalty scheme here.
Refer a friend scheme
As a loyal Certainly Wood customer, you'll already know the benefits of using our kiln dried firewood, cut from sustainable British forests. Unfortunately, many people still haven't had a chance to try our logs, so they're still burning firewood which is harder to burn and causes more pollution. We want to change that, and we need your help! And best of all, we're going to make it worth your while. You can earn £10 worth of loyalty points for you and your friends when you introduce them to Certainly Wood. Find out more here.
All our firewood is sustainably sourced from within a 100-mile radius of our base here in Herefordshire. Here are a few reasons why we believe British is better:
- Reducing 'log miles', therefore, reduced CO2 emissions of transport.
- Supporting British forestry and the relevant jobs.
- Ensuring British woodlands are correctly managed by taking regular thinnings for firewood and improving overall health and wellbeing of flora and fauna of that woodland.
- Reducing the risk of disease transfer from imported timber. Ash dieback originated from the continent, and this disease is now destroying our beautiful ash trees. The ash borer beetle is heading this way, too – it will only take one infected tree!
- Guaranteed supply without any delays on borders
Certainly Wood is an industry leader in more ways than one. Primarily, it is the pioneer of kiln dried firewood in the UK. It was the first in the UK to sell kiln dried, and it is probably the first in the world. There was certainly no evidence at the time of anyone selling kiln dried logs. If that was not a big enough a step, the business made sure that not only are the kilns run on wood waste, but also much of the electricity used comes from solar panels, making our production sustainably run.
We have also worked with HETAS to set up a quality standard for firewood. We were the first firewood producer in the UK to become approved under the HETAS' Quality Assured Fuel' scheme. With this came the beginning of standardisation for selling logs.